We are looking for a dynamic practitioner with a passion for recovery and an unwavering belief in people’s ability to heal to join our dedicated team at Gould Farm’s Boston Area Program. As part of Gould Farm’s full continuum of services, we support adult guests (our descriptor for residents) with mental health challenges like depression, bipolar disorder, schizoaffective disorder and schizophrenia transition from our supportive psychiatric rehabilitation community made up of residents, staff and their families, located on a working farm in the Berkshire woods, to begin to rebuild and regain their lives at our Fellside House in Medford.
Fellside’s transitional residential program serves as a launchpad for guests as we assist them in setting up their next chapter post-Farm, including attaining meaningful work, clinical services and recreational and wellness centered activities. As part of a tiered-support approach, Fellside’s Extended Community program provides ongoing clinical case management to guests throughout their transition.
Supervised by the Clinical/Program Director, and working as part of a collaborative team, the Residential Advisor (RA) works to support residents with life skills that foster confidence as they transition towards community reintegration. The RA works to build on the strengths of program participants and build community through cooking, arts and crafts, music, fitness and wellness and recreation activities. The RA promotes the values and spirit of Gould Farm, actively participates as a member of the community at meals and other gatherings; maintains open and honest communications with staff members; and promotes the safety and well-being of all community members.
Life in the House:
- Organize/lead activities such as potlucks, game night, art activities, mindfulness exercises, outings, etc.
- Assist program participants with menu planning, meal preparation and cleanup;
- Attend to general appearance of Fellside by tending to indoor and outdoor house cleaning and grounds and partnering with program participants and staff in maintaining a clean, orderly, and safe environment;
- Participate and contribute to the community in ways that bring out individual talents and strengths;
- Ensure program participants receive optimal quality of care and respect;
Individual Support for Program Participants:
- Support program participants in using their coping skills to tend to their wellness in person and by phone;
- Support any extended community members on respite stays at Fellside;
- Assist program participants in navigating public transportation systems or in obtaining driving directions; provide transportation in emergency situation or in circumstances authorized by on-call staff;
- Provide support and encouragement to program participants with obtaining information from the internet and other resources to support their progress with achieving their goals;
- Provide medication check-ins with program participants as occasionally needed; assist program participants in obtaining information for medication questions or concerns;
- Assist program participants looking for volunteer and paid work;
- Support visiting Farm Guests with getting to know the area and exploring possible resources in the area;
Administrative and Other Activities:
- Provide administrative support through updating electronic health record documentation;
- Read and maintain professional documentation of daily interactions with program participants in log;
- Overseeing the program’s monthly “Front Porch” newsletter;
- Be prepared to pitch in to help cover the responsibilities of staff when they are absent and respond to emergencies including use of on-call support; follow through with crisis plans with on-call staff;
- Uphold policies and guidelines set by Gould Farm and the Boston Area Programs;
- Participate in staff, clinical, residential, and community meetings and trainings;
Qualifications: We are looking for someone with an interest in the mental health field, preferably with a BA in psychology or any of the human services related fields. Maturity, and excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must and current driver’s license required. Patience, flexibility and a sense of humor needed! Valuable skill building opportunity for future career in mental health field! Non-smoker strongly preferred.
This is a full-time live-in position, in employer provided substance-free housing on site. Competitive compensation and generous benefits package, including PTO, medical, dental and 401K.
Gould Farm is an equal opportunity employer; the organization offers employment, advancement opportunities and benefits without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, religion, marital status, parental status, physical or mental ability, mental health, age, veteran status, ancestry, national or ethnic origin, genetics, political beliefs, and any other basis prohibited by applicable state, federal, or local laws. Candidates who can contribute to Gould Farm’s commitment to diversity are encouraged to apply.
If interested, please contact the Human Resources Director at (413) 528-1804 or send a cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.